Institutional investors should require independent directors who have relevant industry expertise and who will fulfill their fiduciary duties in the best interests of the fund and its investors. In an industry of growing complexity and increased regulation, investors and managers seek directors who will make a genuine contribution and not shy away from difficult decisions.
Personalised Service with Conscientious Oversight
Where Does HighWater Excel?
- We do not rely on alternate directors to meet our obligations, nor do we delegate our duties to support staff
- We take on relationships where the manager shares our view on the need for strong corporate governance
- We provide experienced, independent judgement throughout the life cycle of various types of investment fund vehicles – hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, private equity vehicles and investment management companies
- We are comfortable with all types of investment strategies
- Forging strong relationships is at the heart of our business
- We meet all of our clients face-to-face annually in addition to regularly scheduled board meetings
- We limit the number of relationships we take on to ensure that we remain personally available to the funds that we oversee
- We keep managers informed on latest industry developments and seek to add value wherever possible